Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Orlando Care Break Day 2


My name is Sydney Carter and I am a Junior at SRU. I am a Public Health Major, Spanish minor and the President of Women's Empowerment Leadership Group. This care break at “Give Kids the World Village” has been a true humbling experience. Today, I worked with children and had a chance to have a "BFF" for the day. We got to play together and then perform a kid’s version of American Idol. The non-profit organization really does go above and beyond for the families. The families really enjoyed themselves and got a chance to escape from all of the stress and worries of their children. Working with the children hands on and meeting the families has been a blast! I would HIGHLY recommend organizations looking into this place and becoming a part of the work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment