Thursday, June 2, 2011

Firsthand Account - Chloe Finigan (South Carolina 2011)

Chloe Finigan was a freshman student when she decided that she would attend a CareBreak.  She went to South Carolina to work with Homes for Hope.  This is an organization that takes homes that may have been abandoned or donated and fixes them up in order to once again be habitable.  She reflected on her experience in our school newspaper, The Rocket. Please read her first-hand account below:


The Care Break crew bonded over the bus trip and weekly work on an abandoned  mobile home in Greenville, S.C. The organization the crew helped was Homes of Hope, works on a smaller scale to provide a roof for people who need it most.
Media Credit to Chloe Finigan from The Rocket
Friday night I sat in my room, looking at my duffle bag a few feet in front of me on the floor. For a moment, I began to doubt if I was doing the right thing. Should I've just gone home? Maybe save me some cash. Find a job. But something in my head was pushing me to do this. It was pushing for a new experience. I needed a change and this was going to be it...
To continue reading please follow the link below to the newspaper online.

http://media.www.theonlinerocket.com/media/storage/paper601/news/2011/03/18/Focus/Care-Break.Provides.New.Experiences.In.New.Places.For.Students-3986170.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment